Thursday, August 1, 2013

It's About Time

The other day while I was working on some things around the house. One of our dogs kept coming to me with a toy because she wanted to play. I stopped what I was doing and played with her for awhile.

This made me reflect upon my life and the patterns I have developed through out the years. I started to think what would my reaction be if it had been a child, my spouse, my parents or a friend coming to share with me something that was important to them, would I take the time?

We have very busy lives, but how do we find balance to do those things that are most important and those that we need to accomplish every day? We are all pressed for time, we all try to find ways to save time as we go about our day and then waste it watching TV or doing none important things and then keep complaining we never have time.  I think it is a matter of priorities. WHY do I work, WHY do I try to better myself? WHAT are those driving factors that will help me become successful?

It is not until we find a strong WHY, a strong reason to do the things we ought to be doing, that we will find the motivation and driving force that will help us to stay in the path as we progress.

No comments :

Post a Comment